cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Caller Name display for PSTN outbound call

cui.wang
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering how can i change the caller name to COMPANY NAME instead of using the individual person name(Internal Caller ID) When making an outbound call to PSTN ?

For example , there a 2 internal extensioins in CallManager , one is 1000 with caller name UserA , the other is 2000 with caller name UserB.

When you make internal calls between thoes two extenstion the caller name will display as UserA/UserB.

If you make a outbound call to PSTN from extenstion 1000 , CallManager will send out the Caller name as UserA by default.

What i am looking for is to change the Caller name UserA to something else, like COMPANY NAME .

CCM413 cluster control one 2811 PRI T1 GW by MGCP,ISDN switch-type is DMS-100.

Thanks for any help in advance

4 Replies 4

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

There's no way to always send the same name out, unless all the DNs in the system have the same display name configured. If the carrier will accept the name in the Display IE, then just check the Display IE Delivery checkbox. If they require the name in a Facility IE, MGCP supports it.

Not sure if new CLID commands under H323 may help you.

hi gogasca

Thanks for the reply. It is very helpful.

I can not find any option on CCM to modify the Caller Name (only have option allow/block)

I have also tried to find a ISDN cmd on MGCP GW with no luck

however, it is really a common requirment from customer . To keep individul user name when make internal calls. To display company name when make outbound PSTN calls.

Thanks again for your help

Eric

jolo07310
Level 5
Level 5

You can call your carrier to tell them that you want all DID come out from that T1 PRI display your company name.

Please rate the helpful post.

Ken

pakirathan
Level 1
Level 1

I have same issue with MGCP PRI CUCM7.0.1

2 issues

1.I can see the user name going on isdn q931 but not displayed on the reciving site . telco see's that on demark but not reciving on there site. any solution?

2. How to send COMPANY NAME on out bound pri call instead of user name, as shown on Ext-Ext call?