Views
Helpful
Replies

change CME ephone hold/auto-answer behavior for dual line

pengfang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a ephone-dn with dual-line, when the first line in use, the second call came into the same number. If I put first line on hold, the second line will be automatically answered.Can I just let the second line ring, but still put the first line on hold ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Peng,

I actually just filed a bug on this recently.

This is your bug: CSCsy99058

This should be fixed into the next 12.4(24)T release.

hth,

nick

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, not sure what exact IOS, phone model and FW you're using, byt what you described it is not normal operation.

When a 2nd call comes in you should have softkey presenting answer and hold choices separately.

Thanks for prompt answer. IOS is c3640-jsx-mz.124-5b.bin, 12.4(5b), Phone is 7960, no FW configured.

Yes, when a 2nd call comes in, I see the softkey presenting "answer" on line 2, but at this time, I scroll back to the 1st line and press "hold" , then the 2nd line which is ringing will be automatically answered. I know this make sense, when holding the 1st line, you intend to answer the 2nd call, but can I just let the 2nd line ring while holding the 1st line ?

Hi Peng,

I actually just filed a bug on this recently.

This is your bug: CSCsy99058

This should be fixed into the next 12.4(24)T release.

hth,

nick

Thanks Nick, this really helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: