Views
Helpful
Replies

change Codec on call manager

laithhattab
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Our client is using CME 4.1 with ISDN E1 Pri connected to PSTN, the client bought a software to record all calls both internally and externally. When calls are done internally they are recorded perfectly, but calls to/from PSTN are recorded with a lot of noise, the software provider said that they need U-LAW codec to have a noise free recoding.

I changed the recording on ISDN interface using the Compand-Type to U-LAW, doing so degraded the whole telephony system quality.

is there is a way to convert to make U-LAW the global codec used by CME.

Thanks a lot

5 Replies 5

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

Im not too sure if this might be the correct answer but you can change incoming call codecs via the dial-peer voice X VOIP command. and codec GXXX

i think by default its G729.

again not too sure but im sure somone with a bit more experience might be able to shed light

good luck

Hi gooding

Thanks a lot for your help unfortunatley the dial peers are configured as pots and needed that way and the codec commands is not available on pots dial peers

done that as well but didnt work

maybe the software provider should take a look from thier side?....i did a install about two years ago with CME 3.X. the recording software we used was Calrex and it still works properly. The CME was setup without any adjustments.

Note: this solution was with FXO ports though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: