Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Change CUCM 9 Pub to use IP address, instead of hostname?

We're in the process of installing a CUCM version 9 system now and I noticed we had accidentally used the hostname in the System > Server entry for the publisher (which is the only thing we have installed right now, just the base, no config yet) instead of using the IP address, which would disable reliance on DNS.  So...what is the correct process to change that FROM the hostname TO the IP address? 

I've seen notes on this page on how to change from ip to ip and hostname to hostname, but not changing from using the hostname to now using an ip.   Understand?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/9_0_1/ipchange/CUCM_BK_C936116C_00_changing-ipaddress-hostname-cucm-90.html

If there's any question about whether it will mess anything up, I'm open to having the tech reinstall CUCM fresh since there's nothing defined on this system yet.  It's totally new (no users, trunks, gateways, etc).

Thanks for your help. 

• IP Telephony
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Simply change it, you may want to restart tftp and phones in order to push the updated config to them.

HTH,

Chris

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Simply change it, you may want to restart tftp and phones in order to push the updated config to them.

HTH,

Chris

Thnaks.  It just made me  a little nervous, but I just wanted to be sure.  There aren't any phones defined at all right now. 

Views
Helpful
Replies