cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change CUCM IP address then Unity no longer works

stivermr1
Level 1
Level 1

I am running CUCM 10.5.1.10000-7 and Unity 10.5.1.10000-7.

I have a single CUCM and Unity.

I change the IP address on the CUCM, updated DNS, and the TFTP setting. Everything on the CUCM works fine with the new IP address except for when I try to call the voicemail pilot number I get a busy signal. I changed the CUCM back to the original IP address then everything works normal again. I have tried stopping/starting services, as well as rebooting when I changed the IP address. I have to be able to change the IP address when I move it to production since I have it on a test VLAN right now.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

zdesignstudio
Level 4
Level 4

In Unity Connections, Under Telephony Integrations --> Port Group --> Click on Group, then edit --> Servers

Make sure the changes are reflected here to the CUCM servers. If you are using DNS, make sure Unity has updated its DNS settings. I would recommend using IP addresses if you are using host names.

Please rate useful posts and mark answers as correct if applicable.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

zdesignstudio
Level 4
Level 4

In Unity Connections, Under Telephony Integrations --> Port Group --> Click on Group, then edit --> Servers

Make sure the changes are reflected here to the CUCM servers. If you are using DNS, make sure Unity has updated its DNS settings. I would recommend using IP addresses if you are using host names.

Thanks a bunch. I forgot about the Edit menu. I have been digging around for hours trying to figure out what is going on. I knew it was on the Unity side since when I changed the CUCM IP address back it worked. I was trying to find a command that listed the configuration, so I could find out where the CUCM was linked in.

Glad to help.

Hello stive

you have to follow my instruction above , besides the suggestions which already said. You have to update also phone system , to allow import users from your CUCM , as i mentioned above .

Thanks

please rate all useful information

Hello Stiver

I hope my answers helped you also.I am so happy that you solved your problems.

Thanks

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hello

1-After you change the IP address on CUCM , did you change it on CUC?.On CUC " CUC - telephony integration- Phone system" phone system -edit should update to the new IP address .On CUC " CUC - telephony integration- Port group" phone system change the IP address to the new IP address of CUCM .Port group " need reset "no"" .

2-After you change the IP address , you have to check the voice mail ports on CUCM under CUCM  "CUCM - advanced features-voice mail ports" , become registered or not .I hope to check all of these information.

Thanks

Amit23
Level 4
Level 4

i have same vm not playign issue in cucm with cuc 10.1

i just reinstall cucm subscriber and apply details in cuc for both pub and sub..

all ports registered...

but when call vm pilot from ip phone..giving beep tone..

how can i fix this issue?

any suggestion will helpfull..

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

Hello

Can you go to CUC-Teleohone integration - Port group and check need reset is no.I have also question , your problem happened after reinstall Subscriber ?.Did you update " Phone system , Port group" with  IP address of Subscriber , Can you do also do reset for Port group .

Thanks

Amit23
Level 4
Level 4
I have tried all ur given option but still showing same issue. All ports are register but at call to vm getting beep tone. Need to start server or any service.
Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

Hello

1- Did u get your  problem  after you add the subscriber IP address to CUC ?.

2-Did you list Sub and Pub  on your phone system "Edit-  AXl " and port group edit "Servers"?.Are u sure that you add correct IPs?.On your CUCM - VM ports , the VM port registered to the IP of subscriber or publisher ?. Can you do reset from CUCM for VM ports , please?.Check also the hunt pilot number and voice mail pilot ?.

3-Finally if you are sure from your configuration ,yup you can do restart for CUC , ssh CUC - type username and password , then type  utils system restart .

Thanks

Please rate all useful information