Views
Helpful
Replies

Change CUCM server to the new one and have to reset IP Phone

Nashja
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Due to I change my CUCM to the new CUCM server, I have to reset my IP Phone to register with the new CUCM server (I use the same IP as the existing one). I don't want to go onsite to perform hardware reset on IP Phone.

Does anyone have other method to reset IP Phone to get new configuration from new CUCM?

Thank you.

Nash.

13 Replies 13

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi Nash,

you could use some application like below to remotely access and reset phones:

https://www.unifiedfx.com/unifiedfx-free-software/phoneview-free-lab-edition

HTH
Rajan
Pls rate all helpful posts by clicking the stars below

I am trying to use your recommendation application. It is quite difficult to use it. I am working on it.

By the way, Have you ever use it before? and Is it OK to reset the IP phone?

Thank you.

Nash

Hi Nash,

Its not that difficult. I have used it before. you can use it to remotely access phone and do things like hard reset or delete ITL if needed, when you cant access the phone physically.

HTH
Rajan

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

change your option 150 to point to the new server. then go into your old system and reset the phones, that should force them to connect to the new option 150 (cucm).

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

change the option 150 to point to your new system, then reset the phones from your old system. otherwise shut on shut on a port range. (how many phone we talking about anyway?)

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi Dennis,

As I mention above, I have to use the same ip address of the existing server and the new server. How can I change the option 150 to point to the new server?

There are about 400 IP Phones in this server.

Thank you.

Nash

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is that new CUCM part of the same cluster where the phone was previously registered??

Or is that a new server, in a new/different cluster?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

This is the new server in the different cluster.

Thank you.

Nash

Have you taken care of the ITL??

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

I never adjust ITL before. Could you please advise me.

Thank you.

Nash

Read here and there's a lot more info on ITL/SBD available

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/116232-technote-sbd-00.html

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

After I tried to find the solution in the link as your recommendation, there is no any solution in the document to remote to reset all phones. I still need to onsite to reset the phone :(

Please find the below sentences for more information.

• If either TVS.pem or CallManager.pem is regenerated, TVS and TFTP should be restarted and phones reset in order to obtain the new ITL files. Newer versions of CUCM handle this phone reset automatically and warn the user at certificate regeneration time.
  • There is currently no method to delete all ITLs from a phone remotely provided by Cisco. That is why the procedures and interactions described in this document are so important to take into account.

Thank you for your advice.

Nash

If you're past the point in which you can use the rollback parameter, certificate consolidation, etc. then your option is to buy a 3rd party to bulk delete the ITL, or do it manually.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Endpoints_FAQ#How_can_I_bulk_remove_ITL_.2F_CTL_files_from_phones.3F.3F

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: