Views
Helpful
Replies

Change dial number in a phone

mirtenmous
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I used to change dial number in phones dialing a number and after following operator instructions.

I would like to know what my administrator did in CCM to permit me do that.

I use CCM 4.1.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Andres,

I think you are referring to this CCM Administration Feature called TAPS.This can be used for newly added phones and for replacing phones;

The Tool for Auto-Registered Phone Support (TAPS) application enables phone users to call the TAPS directory number and download the preconfigured phone settings for the user's directory number.

Using TAPS with New Phones

After BAT has added the new phone configurations with dummy MAC addresses in Cisco CallManager Administration, you can plug the phones into the network. You or the phone user can dial a TAPS directory number that causes the phone to download its configuration. At the same time, the phone gets updated in Cisco CallManager Administration with the correct MAC address. You must make sure that Auto-registration is enabled in Cisco CallManager Administration (System > Cisco CallManager) for TAPS to function.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note It takes around 20-25 seconds for downloading phone profile and to make necessary updates in publisher and directory.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Example

You have 100 new-hire employees starting on Monday. You must add these users and their new phones to Cisco CallManager Administration. You can use BAT to create a phone template for these 100 phones and a CSV data file for phones and users. By using the dummy MAC address option in the CSV data file, you do not need to add the individual MAC addresses for the new phones. With auto-registration enabled in Cisco CallManager, you can plug the phones directly into the network. You or the new employee can load the configuration by dialing the TAPS directory number and following the voice-prompt instructions.

Example

John's Cisco IP Phone 7940 gets short-circuited during a lightning storm. He receives a new Cisco IP Phone 7940 and plugs it into the network. John can dial the TAPS directory number, and the new phone will download the configuration that was previously used for the damaged phone. TAPS automatically updates device information in Cisco CallManager Administration.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00803f4f2e.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Andres,

I think you are referring to this CCM Administration Feature called TAPS.This can be used for newly added phones and for replacing phones;

The Tool for Auto-Registered Phone Support (TAPS) application enables phone users to call the TAPS directory number and download the preconfigured phone settings for the user's directory number.

Using TAPS with New Phones

After BAT has added the new phone configurations with dummy MAC addresses in Cisco CallManager Administration, you can plug the phones into the network. You or the phone user can dial a TAPS directory number that causes the phone to download its configuration. At the same time, the phone gets updated in Cisco CallManager Administration with the correct MAC address. You must make sure that Auto-registration is enabled in Cisco CallManager Administration (System > Cisco CallManager) for TAPS to function.

Note It takes around 20-25 seconds for downloading phone profile and to make necessary updates in publisher and directory.

Example

You have 100 new-hire employees starting on Monday. You must add these users and their new phones to Cisco CallManager Administration. You can use BAT to create a phone template for these 100 phones and a CSV data file for phones and users. By using the dummy MAC address option in the CSV data file, you do not need to add the individual MAC addresses for the new phones. With auto-registration enabled in Cisco CallManager, you can plug the phones directly into the network. You or the new employee can load the configuration by dialing the TAPS directory number and following the voice-prompt instructions.

Example

John's Cisco IP Phone 7940 gets short-circuited during a lightning storm. He receives a new Cisco IP Phone 7940 and plugs it into the network. John can dial the TAPS directory number, and the new phone will download the configuration that was previously used for the damaged phone. TAPS automatically updates device information in Cisco CallManager Administration.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00803f4f2e.html

Hope this helps!

Rob