cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change from 'dial 9' for outside line to 'dial 8'

dwilliams
Level 1
Level 1

My users frequently misdial 911 because of our close proximity to an area code with a '1' as the second number 9, 1+({miss}1n) (route to 911).  I want to change the routing to 'dial 8' to avoid this behavior, but have no clue where to do this.  I'm pretty sure it's in the route patterns, but that's where my guess ends.  Would this be in the 2851 router, 4.1 CCM, or both?

4 Replies 4

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi David,

You need to change in route patterns in Call manager

Can u share snapshot of Route Pattens configured in CCM?

regds,

aman

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It all depends on the type of gateway. If you are using h323 gateway then you will need to make the change on your cucm and the gateway. If its mgcp, then you will need to do it only on cucm

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

aokanlawon- in the route plan report my route patterns show the Route List, Route Group, and Gateway (with the icon "T1 MGCP") beside it- would that indicate that it's MGCP?  I'd have to telnet into the router, and nobody wants me using command line!

david,

if you go to the gateways in CUCM, what device type are they?   (go to device>gateways and hit find)  that should tell you if they are mgcp or h323.

send us a screenshot of that and the route patterns,

Cheers

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.