Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bronze

Change from No Voicemail to Voicemail Gives Busy

We have a CCM 4.1(3) system with a UVM 4.0(4). We have a strange thing that happens. If we take an existing phone that has a DN configured for NoVoiceMail and then change it to a VM profile, you get a busy when the incoming call should go to VM. It rings 2 or 3 times then goes to a busy. If I go to the profile of the phone (instead of the DN) and change the Calling Search Space to something else (from Long Distance to Unrestricted) then it will go to VM. If I change it back to what it was, it still works! I've had this happen several times. Any ideas? I have the work around of changing the CSS then changing it back, but I'm curious as to why I have to do it. I've tried just resetting the DN and the phone, but only changing the CSS and changing it back works. Thanks!

9 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Change from No Voicemail to Voicemail Gives Busy

Hi Mike,

Does this CCM 4.1.3 have any of the SR's installed? There were a number of bugs related to 4.1.3 base and css.Here is one(not exact) but very close.

CSCsa96655

Just a thought,

Rob

Silver

I agree with Rob, first check if you have the service releases installed. If not I would recommend to plan this asap as you might run into other issues as well.

You can check if it is bug related by just changing the display name on the DN and then click update and see if the problem is also gone. Why, you ask? well, every time you update anything on the DN config it resets the associated device. This test can easy point if it is a VM problem or another problem.

Also, check and double check all your vm ports to see if they all are in the same partition and same css. Remember that it may use a different vm port every time you try. If you have the SRs installed, this must be css/partition related I would think....

HTH,

Leo

Try placing a CSS allowed to reach VM on the DN at the Forward Busy/Forward No Answer setting (spot where you tell it to go to VM). Also test it with one call already active and see what the second call does.

Bronze

We only have this problem when changing an existing phone from a No Voice mail profile to a Voice Mail profile. If I create a new phone and set it up with a VM profile it works with no problem. And like I said, I just need to change the CSS on the device and then change it back to what it was and it then works. So it can't be a CSS issue if I chage it right back to what it was. What's the easiest way to find out what all patches are applied?

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Mike,

Here is how to determine the exact version/build of Callmanager that you are running;

Go to

Cisco CallManager Administration Main Page (ccmadmin/main.asp)

Select - Details

You will see the following info;

Cisco CallManager System Version

Cisco CallManager Administration Version

Cisco CallManager Installation ID

Hope this helps!

Rob

Bronze

Here's what mine shows:

Cisco CallManager System Version: 4.1(3)sr1

Cisco CallManager Administration Version: 4.1(0.11)

Cisco CallManager Installation ID: 4.1(3)sr1

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Mike,

So it looks like you are at 4.1.(3)sr1 the latest Service Release is 4.1.(3)sr4d I believe. There will be a large number of bugs fixed between the two releases, so it is worth looking into.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Bronze

How difficult/what would the process be to upgrade our servers? We have 3 Call Manager Servers, a MOH server and a CER server.

I would double check your TSP software. I have alot of problems with TSPs that seem to need reseting or upgrading the TSP software. I have many 4.1.3 clusters running and have not seen this problem before... but strange problems with TSP software on Unity.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content