Views
Helpful
Replies

Change how a phone calls back a number

Joe.Martin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Community,

I was wondering if there was any way to change a phone so that it dial's a single number before it re-dial's a missed call. The company I work for requires you to dial a 9 before calling out. The problem is when people need to re-dial a number they first have to find the number; write it down, and then redial the number using 9. I'm not sure if there is anything to fix this but any help would be great.

Thank You

Joe 

4 Replies 4

mopauly
Level 1
Level 1

What phone type  / system version?  In CUCM you can simply go to the directory, find the missed call, then use the edit dial feature to prefix with a 9 and then press dial.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is often asked, if you can take the time to search the forum for the solution,

And, phone have a "edit number" softkey that allow to change a number got from a directory (e.g. missed or received calls) before calling it. That to avoid the need to write it down

Also from the way you posed the question it seems you're the end user, so it's recommend you make the request to the person in charge of maintaning your Cisco phone system.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Several ways to accomplish this automatically, as suggested by Paolo simply search this forum for many previous posts on this topic.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Joe.Martin
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the advice I will search the forum to see if I can find the answer to my question.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: