Views
Helpful
Replies

Change in licenses of CCM9

ivan aguilar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have recently licensed a ccm9 but we have a problem with the license, we need more enhanced plus and enhanced, and we have too much of basic.

As customer have EM and use CIPC with the 7941 phones are using 2 devices per user so the are using Enhanced Plus, if they delete the CIPC will be changed to enhanced automatically, right?

My other question is can we change our basic licenses to enhanced licenses? because the dont use neither 6921/6911 phones (basic licenses) they use 79XX phones, so we need to change licenses, Does any body knows if this is possible and if it have any charge (i suppose yes...) and how much more or less? only about 15 licenses we need to change.

Thanks!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

1. correct, if you no longer have 2 devices per user the license drops to basic or enhanced depending on phone model

2. I am not aware of license exchange program, you would need to work with your Cisco account team for that, most likely you will need to purchase new licenses.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ivan,

I am not sure but this is what I think

a. if u remove CIPC, u would be free with Enhanced Plus license only which can be used .

b. 6911 /6921 use BASIC licenses, so, these licenses cannot be used with 79XX .But u can use above license which is available now[freed]

regds,

aman

Hi Aman

a, If i delete CIPC i think that if i release those enhanced plus licenses i will not need that kind of linceses because there will not be a user with 2 devices associated, i need to confirm it.

b, What i want is change basic lincenses for enhanced ones, because basic i have much more than i need and enhanced i need.

thanks.

1. correct, if you no longer have 2 devices per user the license drops to basic or enhanced depending on phone model

2. I am not aware of license exchange program, you would need to work with your Cisco account team for that, most likely you will need to purchase new licenses.

HTH,

Chris

Ok thank a lot, this is now a commercial issue.....

regards!!

Hi Chris,

thanks for clearing my doubt since I was not sure[+5]

regds,

aman

Hi Chirs again

I have a doubt regarding licenses in CCM9, we have installed Presence 9 and trying to use Jabber "as a CIPC" because we think Jabber dont need any license, but after the install the Presence in system Troubleshooter shows:

Presence dont need license to be installed, but i am not able to assign any user from CCM, (althoug i can see them) and shows a problem with license ¿? so i can not test if Jabber is running fine and consuming licensing, looking for in ELM i found that Enhanced license are for 79xx....and at the end says for "third-party SIP"

Ccan we consider Jabber as a third party SIP? so is needed a Enhanced license to be used?

Thanks.