Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Change SIP source port on IOS

Hi,

how would one change the SIP configuration in IOS (on 2811 gateway), so that it would be sending SIP traffic out from non-5060 port (let's say 5061), but only for calls going out from one dial-peer. Calls from other dial-peers should still go from port 5060. Can this be done without any NAT/PAT?

Best regards,

Marko

3 REPLIES

Re: Change SIP source port on IOS

This command:

sip-ua

listen-port

This is a global command, and is the only SIP stack way to change your source port.

If you look towards NAT/PAT, you will only be able to do it based on ACLs. ACLs will not be able to do it per dial peer or destination pattern, but will be limited to destination IP address and port.

If that restriction suits your needs, you can look a little deeper into the NAT/PAT configuration on how to do so.

hth,

nick

That is what i was afraid of. I am aware of the listen-port command, however it only works globally, which is a problem for our provider: they would like for each of the SIP trunks to our CUBE to have a different source/destination port for SIP (on our side, one trunk sends and listens on 5060, next trunk should send and listen on 5061 and so on...). Everything is sent to the same IP:port in the provider environment, so i do not see any solution to this, not even with ACLs.

Best regards,

Marko

Hi Marko,

The best thing you can do now is talk to your sales team and try to open a feature enhancement.

I know that the new product, Cisco Unified Sip Proxy (CUSP) should support this feature. It may be something to look forward to when it comes out.

hth,

nick

Views
Helpful
Replies