Views
Helpful
Replies

change the outbound calling number in cucm 8.6 mgcp

shabeebmohammed
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

This is my scenario. I have 2 IP Phones (DN - 326 & 328)

This is the Manager Phone. All is working fine.

This is the secretary phone. I need this setup to work in the below manner.

ONLY calls to PSTN from 328 should be displayed as 326 as calling party number (with the complete DID i.e. XXXXXX326 instead of XXXXX328)

Calls from PSTN should reach directly to these numbers without any change.

These changes should not effect any internal calls to 328 and 326.(they will be direct)

I know this is a lil confusing, please let me know if you  need more explanation.

Regards,

Shabeeb

5 Replies 5

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Set the "

Big deal. Did I misunderstand anything ?

GP.

Pls rate helpful post !!

Hey GP,

This is what ive tried too. But it aint working. The mask is not effecting the number at all. Ive tried it with different CUCM versions and it had worked before.. is there something different or extra we should be doing in CUCM 8.6???

Thanks..

Make sure you have "Use External phone number mask" checked on the Route Patterns/Route Lists and also that you are not overwritting the CLID on Route Pattern/Route List or GW.

HTH,

Chris

The first part was done with no avail. can you explain what is need to be done with the CLID perspective.

Thanks

Shabeeb

Is your GW MGCP, H323 or SIP?

If the first one all you need to worry about is CUCM configuration.  You need to ensure "Use External phone number mask" checked on the Route Patterns and either default or ON is selected on Route Group within Route Lists.

The you also need to ensure that the number is not being overwritten at the Route Pattern or Route Group within Route List or on the GW if you are using H323 or SIP.

Please post "debug isdn q931" for further analysis.

HTH,

Chris