Helpful
Replies

Change time between transfers in Cisco Unity Connection

fuhrersk8
Level 3
Level 3

Hello guys!

Two questions:

1. How to extend the time after Unity finishes a greeting and attemp to transfer to another Call Handle? After the Greeting ends it will transfer to quick to the Operator greeting not allowing the caller to enter the option of repeiting the Greeting.

2. Whenv using phone to record Greetings, I associated a User as Owner to the Call Handler but when I enter the pin and password for that User in oreder to access the Greeting Administrator by phone, it says wrong credentials. I tried changing the user paasword and PIN on the CUCM and then Sync the CUCM to the CUCXN but it is not working. Please help.

Thanks in advanced as always guys!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Nephtali,

Let's say that you wanted to set up Bruce Moose @ 7777 to be a Greeting Admin.

When Bruce hears "Cisco Unity Connection greeting Administrator" he would be prompted;

"Enter your ID followed by #" - he would enter 7777#

then he would hear;

"Enter your PIN followed by #" - he would enter the PIN he uses to access his voicemail messages via the phone

He would then be prompted;

"Please enter the extension of the Call Handler followed by #" - he would enter the Call Handler extension followed by

# and he would be given the options to change the various Call Handler greetings

Cheers!

Rob

"Everything is broken" - Bob Dylan

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. You can go to Greeting settings on the handler and set "" and ""

2. Is the user defined with Greeting Administrator role?

Chris

Hello Chris and Thanks for the reply.

1. That is under During Gretting section of the greeting? I set the After Greeting to route the call to the Operator.  The

"" and "" is when I want to repeat the same greeting, but in this case I want to transfer the call to the Operator Call handler and thats the time I want to extend.

2. The Greeting Aministrator role of the user is defined where?

1. Yes, after greeting.

2. Go to the user, select EDIT from top menu --> Roles and assign the role there.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris!

Yes, the User has the Role of Greetings Administrator. Actually, I change the password and pin on the CUCM, thenn did a synch of user on the CUCXN, but still the Greetin gs Administrator is saying invalid selection when trying to enter the credentials.

Are these the same credentials (PIN and Password) that are configured on the End User configuration page on the CUCM or are a different set of credentials?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Nephtali,

Let's say that you wanted to set up Bruce Moose @ 7777 to be a Greeting Admin.

When Bruce hears "Cisco Unity Connection greeting Administrator" he would be prompted;

"Enter your ID followed by #" - he would enter 7777#

then he would hear;

"Enter your PIN followed by #" - he would enter the PIN he uses to access his voicemail messages via the phone

He would then be prompted;

"Please enter the extension of the Call Handler followed by #" - he would enter the Call Handler extension followed by

# and he would be given the options to change the various Call Handler greetings

Cheers!

Rob

"Everything is broken" - Bob Dylan

Excellent Rob, thanks a lot! I was not entering the directory number.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: