cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change to second dial-peer

luke00005
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking to have a call go to a second dial-peer after a set delay.

For example, I have dial-peer A and dial-peer B with the same destination-pattern.  I will put a higher preference on dial-peer A.  Call comes in and rings dial-peer A for 15 seconds.  No answer so call is redirected to dial-peer B.

Thanks in advance for any help

5 Replies 5

Sreekanth Narayanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The preference command on the dial-peers is for redundancy and when the call routes through dp A and fails, it will then route through dp B. However, in your case, the call reached the other end successfully using dp A and is now in the alerting state. Therefore, post this, even if the call is not answered, the router will not consider that to be a fail and route it out through dp B.

So unfortunately, your requirement can't be fulfilled using the preference command.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.  I knew that the preference command will not give me the result I was looking for, I was just saying I would use that to go to dp A first.  I was just hoping someone knew a way to go from an alerting state on dp A to dp B.

Ah ok. Unforunately, there isn't any way of achieving the move from dp A to dp B on alerting.

Not sure if TCL scripting might be able to do this, you can look into that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

OK, thank you gentlemen for your time.  Looks like I'm going to need to find a different solution.