Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing Bulk numbers ? Use BAT?

Lucky19th
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have about 200 users which need to change their Primary number. This can be achieved manually by changing the line number in Device profile, Global Directory number and Unity Subscriber extension. However, for 200 I was hoping for a quick method. Having looked at BAT, it seems a bit convoluted and confusing. Can someone explain this in simple terms. Kinds regards and thanks in advance. p.s I have CCM 4.1 and BAT 5.1

5 Replies 5

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

The Bulk Administration Tool (BAT) is a plug-in application to the Cisco CallManager. BAT enables you to add up to 10,000 phones and users to the Cisco CallManager application. Using BAT, you can also perform bulk modifications to phones and delete several phones at one time. Simply create a template using BAT and apply this to all.

if what you need is the primary number then you will need to export the phones using all details, modify the file, delete the phones and reinsert them.

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I am attempting the same thing, and although I was able to export the file with full details the file will not import again. I could pull them into BAT.xlt, but I need to save all the speed dials. I have a sample that lists the fields as <> but I am not sure how to create that template.

I would suggest writing a quick AXL tool to make the change. I have an example AXL Template I am willing to post here if people know PERL, they can modify it with the correct schema. This one is for adding Route Patterns! I have some more articales and PERL for lots of other UC I will be sharing soon enough! Please rate useful posts!

HTH,

Chad

Will that work in CCM 4.x?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: