Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing incoming digits on MGCP gateways

I have a site with number range 2xxx pointing out of a mgcp contolled E1 circuit. I also have some 2xxx numbers on the callmanager. The client would like to change 2390 incoming to 2490. I have tried to configure a translation pattern but it says it conflicts with the 2xxx digit pattern, any help would be great.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: changing incoming digits on MGCP gateways

Try creating a special partition specifically for 2390 (like Translated_PT). Place "Translated_PT" in the Calling Search Space used by MGCP gateway (which should NOT be the same CSS used by any other device or don't do what I'm recommending). Next, create a translation pattern for 2390 using that new partition. For the calling search space of the translation pattern, use the one used by your phone devices. I'm assuming 2490 would be using a partition that your phone devices have permissions to call.

I would hope this is a one time thing and not something you have to do for lots of D.I.D.s...I wouldn't recommend my solution for a range of extensions. I would force a change of either D.I.D.s or internal extensions.

3 REPLIES

What translation patter are you trying to apply in CM? Is it a straight 2390->2490?

-Shikamaru

Try creating a special partition specifically for 2390 (like Translated_PT). Place "Translated_PT" in the Calling Search Space used by MGCP gateway (which should NOT be the same CSS used by any other device or don't do what I'm recommending). Next, create a translation pattern for 2390 using that new partition. For the calling search space of the translation pattern, use the one used by your phone devices. I'm assuming 2490 would be using a partition that your phone devices have permissions to call.

I would hope this is a one time thing and not something you have to do for lots of D.I.D.s...I wouldn't recommend my solution for a range of extensions. I would force a change of either D.I.D.s or internal extensions.

Hi Took your advice and managed to get this to work. I also though about changing to H323 and using translation patterns on the gateway. maybe this would be easier to manipulate on the gateway.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content