Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing IPCC script over the phone

tpahuja
Level 1
Level 1

Folks,

Can we change IPCC script over the phone. For example if the weather is bad can we tell IPCC to play a seperate greeting or play another script

?

5 Replies 5

s-pinto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You are not giving to much information about you cenario. But according to your needs, you can play different prompts depending on variables(can be stored on database, web info, string, etc). But this should be done by the script and not be the phone. The number dialed should be one and the script attached to that number should be the one checking the weather(variable) and choosing which message to play.

You can "tell" IPCC through the phone if weather is bad. You can do this through XML App or through an different script that listen to your imput and stores that in variable on a database(example).

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance please let me know.

Regards,

S?rgio Pinto

You can store some variables in an xml file and then have the IPCC script parse the file and if variable = 0 play prompt1 and if variable = 1 play prompt 2.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

tboynton
Level 1
Level 1

The script for our helpdesk plays the status of our network before users are connected to the queue. I set up an additional script so that someone can change the status prompt over the phone. If there is nothing going on they can call and replace the recorded prompt with a blank prompt that is already on the server. It works great for what we do.

Hi,

Can you post a sample of your script. We're looking to do something similar.

Thanks.

This can be done multiple ways. In ICM you can have an admin script where you program to check for emergency variable.

Write another script that gives you an option to change above variable to 1 or 2 or anything. This shold be on a DID and must have a password enabled its all do able.

In IPCCx or want to do this in IVR write main script that check for your subscirpt. The subscript is associated with a DID and you can change the state by calling in remotely.

attached is a file I use to record prompts on the fly.

I can assist further involves bit more time.

Thanks,

Baseer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: