Views
Helpful
Replies

changing logo of 7912 using CCM 5

jechoi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

Can someone point me to a procedure on how to change the logo on cisco 7912 ip phone?

this docs seems to point to using ccm4. However i am stuck on "Copy the image.logo file to the TFTPPATH directory on the TFTP server. " on the CCM 5.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008066c7c2.html

Tried uploading the file to the OS admin but seems not pushing.

Is there a different steps on changing the logo of 7912 phone for ccm5?

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

10 Replies 10

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply.

It seems that on os administration->tftp upload when specified a directory, it shows on the list after upload.(e.g. desktops/320x212x12:)

problem now is....which directory should i place the logo and binary profile file on the ccm 5?

From the instructions on the ccm4...it should be placed on C:\Program Files\cisco\tftppath --what is the location on the ccm5?

For the binary profile file (gkdefault.cfg) (attached) into the COUNTRY

specific folder.

\TFTPPATH\United_States - which path is for ccm5?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

We don't run CCM 5 yet so I can't test this for you :(

Maybe this doc will be of more help;

Look at step 2 (it shows The TFTP server directory is:

/Desktops/95x34x1/ for the listed 7905&7911 example from;

Configuring a Custom Background Image

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00806929ef.html

Hope this helps! Let us know.

Rob

Just an update. I had to use and external tftp server to upgrade the logo. Our CCM5 is on production and i am cautious not to mess it up.

Anyway...replaced the logo completed. As long as i do not upgrade the firmware...7912 will stay that way.

Exactly, and even if you upgrade firmware, the logo will stay.

The only case in which the logo is changed, is when the 7912 attempts to grab a .logo file, and that the ID embedded in the file is higher than the one currently stored in flash memory.

Hi Jechoi,

Could you please detail steps how do you change 7912 logo with CCM 5 with external TFTP or with CCM TFTP.

I have image.logo and gkdefault.cfg that was working with CCM 4.1

Where do i place this files?

Do i need more files ?

Best Regards

MC

Hi MC,

Just place the files on the path where the tftp server is pointed to.

Have the TFTP path of the DHCP point to the external server or manually point the ip phone to the tftp server.

take note: If you will be changing a lot of phones, make sure that the tftp server can process all those phones.

Hi Jechoi,

I have one doubt. If I only put image.logo and gkdefault.cfg files in External TFTP how ip phone will push this files and register in Callmanager?

And path could be anyone ? or have to be Desktops\88x27x1 or other?

Thanks,

Best Regards.

Good Question. It will not register to the callmanager but get the configuration files from the tftp server.

If you check the tftp logs, you will see that it will look for the configuration files.

Anyway, my goal of using the external tftp server is just to change the logo. After changing the logo, i used the callmanager as tftp server again.

Hi Jechoi,

It works with TFTP external.

Best Regards,

MC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: