Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing MOH Audio Source File in CUCM 7.1.3

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hi all,

I am trying to change the MOH audio source file but for some reason the change didn't seem to take affect. Please confirm the following for me !!

From the "MOH Audio Source Configuration" page I click on the "MOH Audio Stream Number" --> I change the "MOH Audio Source File" then click "Save". Should the change take affect immediately when I click Save ? It didn't prompt me to restart anything for the change to take affect.

Thanks in advance !!! I appreciate any inputs / suggestions !!!

D.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Well, you need to upload the music on hold audio source file to the publisher.  Looks like you have done this.  You also need to upload the music on hold audio source file to each server that is running the IPVMS service and configured as a music on hold server.  In older versions of CUCM, the moh audio source was distributed to appropriate cluster nodes via the Cisco TFTP service.  This is no longer the case (since 5x).  You have to upload the moh audio source to each moh server, individually.

You shouldn't have to restart services but I am not 100% sure on that.  If you find that uploading the files to the moh servers isn't solving your issue and you are sure that the audio source file is uploaded in the correct format, then you can do the following to see what gets it running.  Listed in the order of least disruptive.

1. Reset the moh audio server(s)

2. Restart the IPVMS service on the moh server(s)

Anything more than the above would mean that something else is going on.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

Hi,

For new uploaded MoH files to work you will have to restart IPVMA service on all servers - this should definitely be done after hours.

Regards

Russell

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Well, you need to upload the music on hold audio source file to the publisher.  Looks like you have done this.  You also need to upload the music on hold audio source file to each server that is running the IPVMS service and configured as a music on hold server.  In older versions of CUCM, the moh audio source was distributed to appropriate cluster nodes via the Cisco TFTP service.  This is no longer the case (since 5x).  You have to upload the moh audio source to each moh server, individually.

You shouldn't have to restart services but I am not 100% sure on that.  If you find that uploading the files to the moh servers isn't solving your issue and you are sure that the audio source file is uploaded in the correct format, then you can do the following to see what gets it running.  Listed in the order of least disruptive.

1. Reset the moh audio server(s)

2. Restart the IPVMS service on the moh server(s)

Anything more than the above would mean that something else is going on.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hello William and thanks for trying to help me out !!!

I did upload the audio source file to all servers in the cluster and I did restart all MOH servers in the cluster but that didn't help either. I guess the next thing to try is to restart IPVMS service on each server. Do you know if I can restart IPVMS server during production hours ?

One thing I tried that seems to work is that I assign the MOH source to my phone and hit apply config and that seems to do it. It seems like the phone needs to be reset for the change to take affect but not 100% sure.

Thanks again William !!!

D.

Hi,

For new uploaded MoH files to work you will have to restart IPVMA service on all servers - this should definitely be done after hours.

Regards

Russell

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: