Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Changing PRI providers

I have just been given the task to take our 2 PRI's (Local calling and longdistance)and change them over to a new provider.

The new telco has already came and installed the PRIS.

Now my issue is I never done this before. can someone point me in the right direction with any docs please?

I am assuming it should go like this:

1) once we turn up the 2 new pri's make sure no line code problems. ensure proper coding.

2) have the new phone company setup a test number and then we can watch a incoming call on both lines.

3)Configure the call manager to send a local and ld call out each pri as needed.

4) once we verify all the above then we can go and start to port or 500 DID numbers.

Currently we are getting the last 4 digits sent to us. As long as when we port them to the new provider. And the new provider sends us the last 4 there will be no major change in CCM except for the 2 new gateways.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Changing PRI providers

You've got the proper plan, make sure you the new telco can port all your DIDs, and when you're ready to port them schedule it off-hours.

As far as the configuration, you are correct there is very litte to do, basically replace the GWs in Route Groups, and apply the same CSS and MRGL, DP, significant digits that you have on the existing GW.

HTH, please rate all posts!

Community Member

Re: Changing PRI providers

Thanks Chris

Im not 100% with phones (or for anything cisco)for that point. I thank you for the comment and some time next week we will be moving ahead with this.

CreatePlease to create content