Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing to Fixed MOH Source

tsijmerrifield
Level 1
Level 1

Greeting,

I need to change the MOH source from MOH Server to a Fixed MOH Source (external using Cisco MOH USB adapter). I have configured the Fixed MOH Source, installed the USB adapter, and changed the Common Device Configuration - when applying the Common Device changes will the phones reset? if so is there a non-intrusive way to make this change?

Thanks,

Jon

6 Replies 6

Hi Jon.
When you make to a common device config you can reset or apply config.
As you know apply config will only update the phone config without the need of a complete reset ( power cycle)
So in this case phones will not reboot

HTH

Regards
Carlo
Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Great - appreciate the help. I applied the change however the original MOH message is still being played. Do I need to remove the original MOH server config before the external MOH source with play? or is only the change in the Common Device setup required?

Thanks

You just need to change the audio source, go to the line/device level and try it there, assuming all your config is correct, when that phone puts someone on hold, they'll hear the MOH from the USB dongle.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure you are using "MOH-USB-AUDIO=" , No Other USB device are supported on appliance Servers.

On this Device, there is a Optical In and Line In.  Only "Line In" is supported.

You need Male-Male Cable, similar to what is in the link below "Male-Male.jpg"
http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=3690059&JRSource=nsa&nsa=1

-It can be plugged on any node; however, most time the preferred server has been Publisher.
-It can be plugged into any USB Port (Front or Back) of the Server

You can issue the following command in CLI to verify that it detects the device and get similar output as below

"admin:show tech system bus"
Bus 004 Device 005: ID 0d8c:000c C-Media Electronics, Inc. Audio Adapter

Make sure MOH Source 51 is configured.
Make sure the Held Device (party being put on hold) has the MRGL with MOH as a resource in it.
Make sure REC is pressed on MOH-USB and you have the RED Light showing on the device.

HTH

Manish

Very helpful - everything checks out expect I need clarificaition on:

Make sure the Held Device (party being put on hold) has the MRGL with MOH as a resource in it. >> where is this assigned? I assume this be globally applied vs having to change each set.

Thanks

Hi Jon,

You just need to ensure that the MRGL or the Device pool's MRGL applied on the held device has a MOH server in one of its MRG's.

HTH

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: