Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Changing Unity Connection CM Users to Ldap Integrated

Hi All,

I am looking at offering ldap authentication for all our unity connection users to check their voicemails via IMAP or via Presence as using multiple passwords for multiple systems are frustrating users

Currently my system has all its VM users (70+) imported from CM

I am currently running Unity Connection 8.0.1

I have sync'd ldap from Active Directory and can see all the users listed with their correct extension numbers but were not able to import them into UC as the alias's are already active when originally imported from CM

Reading though the support documentation I am having troubles understanding the migration path to convert all my existing CM Users in Unity Connection to LDAP users and wasnt sure if I the listed support document applied to my current version of UC as I beleive this is only for version 8.5 and up.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/user_mac/guide/8xcucmac105.html#wp1072675

By exporting the existing user configuration through Bulk Admin Tool and populating the LdapCcmUserId and uploading the file back into UC should that tag all the existing user accounts as an Ldap integrated User?

**update**

Intersting update, the link above does not provide information about integrating User accounts with Ldap User accounts using UC 8.0 but when i downloaded the PDF version on page 12-8 (i have attached the file) there is a section on integrating with Unity Connection 8.0

I have followed this guide and was not able to sucessfully integrate the existing UC User with Ldap when updating the ldapCcmUserId field to %null%

The error report when the file upload was performed using the BAT tool "

"Could not create LDAP user: <userid>. The ldapCcmUserId:  could not be associated with an LDAP user"

Any help?

Dion

Views
Helpful
Replies