Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing Unity to Different OU

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dear Support,

We are having the Cisco Unity 7.0. It is presently configured in one OU. Due to some company policy we want to move the Unity to another OU. Is it possible? What steps are needed for this?

Vaijanath

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

6 Replies 6

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Rerun Permission Wizard to assign the rights to the OU

Rerun MSCW( Message Stor Configuration Wizard) so that Unity knows which OU to create the subscribers in.

MK

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

At present the Unity is in Special_Desktop OU, now we want to move it to Special_Server OU. The subscribers are in User OU. We do not want to change the subscriber settings. So in this case do we need to run the MSCW?

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Try it without MSCW but I think you need to rerun MSCW to make it work.

MK

Are you asking about simply moving the Unity computer objects from one OU to another?  If so, that shouldn't affect message store configurations.  Please clarify your question for me if you don't mind.

Hailey

Hi Hailey,

Yes, I want to move the Unity Computer Object to from one OU to other OU.

Vaijanath

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Ok - I would say that you can move the Unity servers to the new OU.  From there, re-run Permissions Wizard and make sure to add in that location as one of the non-default locations for computer objects in the domain.  You can then test functionality...shouldn't affect the message store configuration wizard IMO.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: