Views
Helpful
Replies

choosing the right ucs for enterprise

moosas001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there any link (tabular sheets )  available  to choose the right ucs for  the exterprise.

( to understand before reaching partners ) . 

Purpose cluster cucm  1500 users 

expressway and c cluster 

cup cluster 

Thanks 

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you need to do the math of required resources and then look at TRCs/3rd party HW that meet/exceed those.

If you have access to the virtual machine placement tool, it can provide some recommendations after doing the same math you'd do manually.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

TRCs are on the Cisco Doc Wiki.  Java is our course right but you can also review the SRND for design help.  If you are above 1250 users the recommendation is dedicated TFTP server and dedicated publisher.  You can use the VMPT to size out your OVAs.  Also if this is not something you do normally you can always engage with your account manager or rope in a cisco partner to assist with the sizing and implementation.

Hi,

There was a tabular sheet explains the about the ova and cpu memory and all ,

I have searched all over :) .Did not find out 

Please help to locate 

Thanks

The read me of the OVA will tell you the system requirements, the vmpt you can use for sizing as well, however I would advise engaging with your cisco account manager or a UC Master cisco partner to ensure you are sizing everything correctly.  

Hi,
Thanks for the reply .But there was a link which has the all information like , (I forgot to bookmark)
specification of all ova like RAM , CPU HDD size ,VMPT
etc

Please help me to get that link
Thanks

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/virtualization/virtualization-cisco-unified-communications-manager.html

That is for CUCM you can see OVA sizes, but once again there is more to it than just that.