Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CIMC - wrong password

Hi guys!!

I have a UCS C220 working properly, but would like to access in CIMC interface and I don´t have the corret user and password. What is the best way to reset that? 

regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

This doc shows the procedure

This doc shows the procedure:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/servers-unified-computing/ucs-c200-m1-high-density-rack-mount-server/111455-setup-cimc-c-series.html

F8 to configure/view CIMC IP

While in BIOS you can press F8 for the CIMC IP address configuration and password reset.

Chris

4 REPLIES

HiYou will need to hook a

Hi

You will need to hook a monitor and keyboard to the server to reset the CIMC password.

Reboot the server and you should see a message on the screen to press "f8" to enter the CIMC setup. From there you can reset the CIMC password.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Thanks guys, I wouldn´t like

Thanks guys,

I wouldn´t like to reboot the server...

If I perform the procedure below?  What do you think about?

Procedure

Command or ActionPurpose
Step 1Server# scope cimcEnters the CIMC command mode.
Step 2Server /cimc # factory-defaultAfter a prompt to confirm, the CIMC resets to factory defaults.

This is not going to work as

This is not going to work as you will need to enter the credentials to get to this mode. F8 is the only way if you need to reset password.

Chris

This doc shows the procedure

This doc shows the procedure:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/servers-unified-computing/ucs-c200-m1-high-density-rack-mount-server/111455-setup-cimc-c-series.html

F8 to configure/view CIMC IP

While in BIOS you can press F8 for the CIMC IP address configuration and password reset.

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies