Views
Helpful
Replies

CIPC not showing on operator console

Scott Leport
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

We have a strange issue which is doing my head in.

CUCM Version 9.1.2-10000-28

Arc Console Operator  5.1.4.1996

When some users are using CIPC softphones they do not appear to listed as available in the Operator Console, however some users who use CIPC softphones are appearing available in the Operator Console. I've narrowed it down to a CIPC related problem I believe because I asked them to login to a physical phone (we use EM) and seen that a user previously not available in the Console suddenly became available. So I've tried the following:

1) Restart of CTI Manager service on the CUCM where the Arc CTI related ports are registered to. This resolved an issue with users not appearing available in the Console before, but doesn't resolve this issue

2) Checked that the CIPC device association is in place on the End User, though it doesn't seem to matter as I have identified CIPC users who are displayed as available without this association in place.

3) Checked that Allow Control of CTI is enabled in all places (the line DN, the End user, the CIPC)

4) Compared a few CIPC configurations and couldn't see any noticeable difference between them.

5) Checked the user details in the Arc Console Operator program and the user is set up for BLF and has the correct device name associated under their contact details. Again, don't believe that the device name association is necessary either.

At first I thought the reason for this was down to some of the users being logged into their physical phones, thus showing up in the console as registered, but the customer said they created two new users with CIPC only. One I have identified is available in the console and the other one is not showing as available. Judging by the dependency records, there does not appear to be any associations with other phones.

Has anyone had this problem before and does anybody have any suggestions as to how I resolve it?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I figured out my problem.

It turns out that the softphones not working were not associated to the Arc Application User.

Added them in and on the console they turned green.

This link helped a bit:

http://forum.arcsolutions.com/archive/index.php?t-1304.html

Hope this is of some use to anyone else whoever views this thread.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

I was able to use CIPC without problems on the same version, for me the trick was to use Extension Mobility FROM the CIPC itself and not from the hardphone and problem solved :)

Try it, and let us know.

Rolando Valenzuela.

Hi,

I don't have any problems using CIPC at all. The problem is that from the Arc Operator Console they are not showing up as available, so let's just say an inbound call comes into the receptionist and the receptionist wants to transfer the call. Because the user is not showing up as available from the perspective of the Console, the receptionist cannot transfer that call to the user. The CIPC devices are registered to CUCM, but there are those who are present in the Operator Console database who are not showing as available and there are those who are in the Operator Console database who are showing up as available.

Admittedly the CIPC are not set up using EM for the reason that we didn't want the users going through the extra hassle of logging in and out of the CIPC, but that's a step we can take. It doesn't explain why some are showing up from the Console and other's don't though.

My gut feeling is it's not CUCM, but any other checks that can be suggested would be appreciated.

I figured out my problem.

It turns out that the softphones not working were not associated to the Arc Application User.

Added them in and on the console they turned green.

This link helped a bit:

http://forum.arcsolutions.com/archive/index.php?t-1304.html

Hope this is of some use to anyone else whoever views this thread.