Views
Helpful
Replies

CIPC - Running multiple instances on Windows 7 64 bits

ronaldobf
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I am making some Dynamips lab integrated to the Cisco CIPC soft phone.

I would like to run multiple instances of the CIPC on the same workstation so I can make some tests. I can use MS loopback adapter...

The problem is that I am not able to run multiple isntances. Do you know if that's possible?

My workstation is running windows 7 64 bits.

Thanks in advance,

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I use VMWare to get multiple CIPCs working...

Otherwise if it's not really CIPC-specific things you need, you could try using a third party softphones like so : http://www.blindhog.net/how-to-run-multiple-ip-blue-softphones-on-a-single-pc/

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hey Aaron... Thanks for answering.

Actually, I have checked that site before. Also I've tried the same steps with the Cisco CIPC, but did not work.

I guess you're right. The way to have multiple instances is using VM.

I also was implementing some QoS features. I was looking for some lab solutions to generate traffic on my lab. I found two good solutions from Cisco: Pagent and Callgen

I did not use them yet, but I guess these are good solutions in generating traffic within my lab.

I have to read some documentation to know how to use it, but it seems to be not so hard. You just have to upgrade to the agent IOS and issue some specific commands.

Using that, I will not be able to call from a phone to another, but I can simulate the traffic, that is a good thing.

Thanks anyway.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: