Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 2800 Router with CME - Crashing with Smiley Faces on Console

I have a Cisco 2800 Router with CME and it's intermittantly crashing (once every couple of days).

The 4 port FXO card leds and the Act / CF Lights all flash for a few minutes and the router then shows no signs of life until it's powered off and back on.

The Console just sits there spitting out smiley faces (Someone likes a little Irony) every few minutes until the unit is restarted.

Cisco Error.png

Is this a H/W Error, CF Card error...on the Router, CME etc...can anyone tell me?

Thanks...

Everyone's tags (5)
1 REPLY

Cisco 2800 Router with CME - Crashing with Smiley Faces on Conso

i bet the console program could interpret the # progess as an smile face (it's an ordinary charmap change).

the hungup of your router maybe 2 possible things, first i'll see only one that long CNF Creation log with more than 80 phones at startup so i guess you could had memory problem on one of your memory bank and when the router use arround 90% of the ram, the router crash.

other maybe was the ios software was corrupt on memory when it's uncompressing process at boot .

if the CF was the error, then you'll never startup again the router so i discard that.

H/W error as same as CF error, you'll never come up even when you'll shut down the entire router and wait for hours.

i put my 2 cents on memory and or ios package.

did you store the CNF files on flash??? if that's true, then move on to 15.1M4 or better ios, and store on ram.

had a great day and don't forget to qualify all the answer who post all the other colleges...

best regards.

had a great day . best regards, and rate if you'll find this post useful
Views
Helpful
Replies