Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2801 gateway

jonathanmahabir
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

New to this forum and to networking in general. Recently I have had the need to simulate a point to point curcuit for purposes of transporting analog audio. I am using one 2801 gateway to another 2801 gateway with the intention of transporting three seperate line level audio sources.

The cards that I am using are

VIC - 2E/M (slot 0)

WIC - 2T (slot 1)

VWIC - 1MFT - T1 (slot 3)

VWIC - 1MFT - T1 local gateway and VWIC - 1MFT - T1 remote gateway are connected via a T1 crossover cable. At initial startup of the 2801 gateway the led on both ports of the VIC - 2E/M comes on amber so does the T1, there is no indication of leds turing on on the WIC - 2T. Once the gatways fully loads the T1 led goes to solid green. Leds on both the VWIC - 1MFT - T1 and WIC - 2T are out.

I have been looking at documentation on Cisco's website, both for the cards and the 2801 gateway. All of the information that I am finding seems to indicate that the 2801 is not compatible for the task that I am trying to accomplish.

Is this correct? Or is there something I am missing.

Your feedback is gratly appreciated,

Thanks.

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Whats your config?? Do you have DSPs to bring up the T1?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Dear Jamie,

Below are the configurations I have been using for both the VWIC and the VIC cards

Configuration for the T1 (VWIC - 1MFT - T1) Local gateway

framing esf

crc-threshold 320

linecode b8zs

clock source internal

cablelength short 133

ds0-group 0 timeslot 1 type e&m-immediate-start

no shut

Configuration for the T1 (VWIC - 1MFT - T1) Remote gateway

framing esf

crc-threshold 320

linecode b8zs

cablelength short 133

ds0-group 0 timeslot 1 type e&m-immediate-start

no shut

Configuration for voice-ports on both Local and Remote gateways (VIC - 2E/M)

voice-port 0/0/0

impedance 600

signal immediate

type 2

no shut

voice-port 0/0/1

impedance 600

signal immediate

no shut

My analog line audio are connected to

Pins 3 & 6 on voice-port 0

Pins 3 & 6 and Pins 4 & 5 on voice-port 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, that can be done. You will transpot the voice with VoIP.

Hello,

Thanks for your assistance. Would you be able to express how VoIP is configure on the VWIC - 1MFT - T1 card?

Hi Jonathan Mahabir

you need to clear your request. Do you mean how to configure PRI Connection to PBX or Connection to another cisco router using  VWIC - 1MFT - T1 card ?

Hello Ramzi,

Thanks for your response, sorry for the confusion. What I am trying to do is transport line audio from one 2801 gateway to another. I am using the VIC-2E/M card for my three analog audio sources. Its line audio so there is no control E&M signal wires here just + & - audio signal wires.What I need to figure out is what method will need to be used in the configuration for the VIC card and the VWIC card to allow audio packet transport over T1. Hopefully I did not introduce any more uncertainty. Do you have any information on what needs to be done with this setup to allow audio transport?

Regards,

J

In you case, you don't configure anyting on the VWIC. All configuration done with dial-peer and voice-ports. Please refer to cisco voip guide and books for beginners.

Hello Paolo,

Thank you, this is a good start. I will begin working through this process. Please feel free to send any additional pointers or tips as you think of them, it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

J

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: