Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2811 router gateway configuration assistance

JUNKSA_2
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

We have Cisco 2811 Voice gateway with 2 E1/T1 port. We have 4 E1, 2E1 for DID and 2 E1 for DOD.

Currently we have Cisco CallManager 4.2 and we want to use the 4E1 to call and receive from outside.

I already configured how to connect from callmanager to PBX but directly from E1 with DID/DOD is my first configuration.

I really appreciate if you can guide me how to configure my gateway in this scenario.

Your quick response and to share your experience and advise is highly appreciated.

Thank you and regards.

5 Replies 5

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

if have a topology and detailed desicription of ur requirement the help will better and more accurate

just aatch it or post it here

Hi Marwan,

Okay, here is the topology:

IP Phone-->Cisco CallManager-->Cisco 2811 router--via E1-->PSTN

Can I use MGCP here or H.323 protocol.

Thank you.

u can use both up to u

with h323 u have to make full dial plan on the gateway

while with mgcp u just configure the E1 on layer1 and 2 and enable mgcp defin the call agent[ ur callmanager]

and other config will be on ur callmanger

the following link very very useful and helpful

and also intractive just click on the device and chose the subject u want

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00807f8b61.shtml

the following example for h323 with callmanager

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094636.shtml

good luck and if u want any more help just post it here

please, if helpful Rate

Hi Marwan,

Thanks man, as I have seen the link that you give, it is very impressive and helpful.

I will try to implement soon and I will get back to you.

You deserve to get a perfect score, not just 5 if there is more higher than that.

Thank you.

u welcome

and thank for rating :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: