Cisco Support Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

New Member

Cisco 2901 Router - CME


We have a Cisco 2901 Router with CME.

When dialing out, the destination phone does not see our name. They only see our number.

Our telco mentions the following:

"There is a configuration line on the Cisco gateway that is required. Customer has to make sure it is set for facility ie, by default Cisco is set up for display ie."

Here is the serial config.

interface Serial0/0/0:23
no ip address
encapsulation hdlc
isdn switch-type primary-ni
isdn incoming-voice voice
isdn supp-service name calling
isdn sending-complete
isdn outgoing ie facility
no isdn outgoing display-ie
trunk-group ALL_T1E1
no cdp enable

Any ideas?


New Member

Re: Cisco 2901 Router - CME

You should be all set as long as you have :

isdn supp-service name calling
isdn outgoing ie facility

try doing a debug isdn q931 and see if you have the facility message with caller id similar to:

ov 17 15:54:48.821: ISDN Se1/0/0:23 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8  callref = 0x00BF
        Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A2
                Standard = CCITT
                Transfer Capability = Speech 
                Transfer Mode = Circuit
                Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s
        Channel ID i = 0xA98383
                Exclusive, Channel 3
        Facility i = 0x9F8B0100A112020109020100800A4252322050686F6E6531
                Protocol Profile =  Networking Extensions
                Component = Invoke component
                        Invoke Id = 9
                        Operation = CallingName
                                Name Presentation Allowed Extended
                                Name = JOHN DOE

If not try changing the switch type to ni2c

New Member

Re: Cisco 2901 Router - CME


Actually, I managed to figure it out.

Under my dial-peer voice pots, I had them set to "clid strip name".

I went into each dial-peer voice pots and ran a "no clid strip name" on them.

After completing this, the names began to display. But at this point, its the name associated with the phone. So, I also had to go into the CM's web interface and change the "Name" field under extensions.

Thanks for the help!


CreatePlease login to create content