Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2911 - Logging Call Events

joshua.gertig
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

One of our 2911 voice gateways (MGCP to CUCM 8.6) used to be configured so that when users placed calls, it would write to the log (and the output looked pretty much the same as a debug isdn q931). I used to be able to see the calls by issuing the sh log command. At some point, that was taken off, probably by our managed service vendor.

I'd like to turn that back on as users are complaining of calls dropping randomly. Can anyone tell me what loggging command I need to put back in the gateway?

Thanks,

Josh

flash0:c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-3.T1.bin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Amine Nouasri
Level 3
Level 3

You just need something like logging buffered 32000 in the global config and enable a debug isdn q931. Show logging should display the information you are looking for. Keep in mind that if the router gets rebooted the logs are gone.

Please rate helpful answers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Amine Nouasri
Level 3
Level 3

You just need something like logging buffered 32000 in the global config and enable a debug isdn q931. Show logging should display the information you are looking for. Keep in mind that if the router gets rebooted the logs are gone.

Please rate helpful answers!

Oh, I didn't realize I had to have the debugging on in order for it to write to the log. Makes sense though.