Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco 2951-V/K9 can Expand with this settings?

Hello Guys,

I hope this is the right spot to ask my question.

My company bought a Cisco 2951-V/K9, and this is all the items it comes:cisco_cm_medtech.jpg

The thing is now we are seeing if we can inprove our Data Center, the thing I want to know, is if that 2951 still can afford to have a IPS Module, or a NAC Module for example. Cause as far as I read the 2951 have 2 slots for Service Modules. We wanted to improve our Data Center with things like NAC, IPS, wireless controller, Firewall, etc.

So, with that Cisco 2951 what can I still use on it? Atm I think he will be only used for Routing, Voice, and Load Balancing. So can I expand any of those modules in him?

Thanks in advance.

Looking forward to hear some feedback.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

How your router is currentlying using one of your SM slots for the SM-SRE-710-k9 which is being used to house Unity express 8.6 which you are using in conjunctions with CUCME.  So one of your slots will be taken up.

Here is a link that will show you the othe ISR G2 supported modules. Once you determine what is your priority I suggest working with a partner to purchase and deploy the module.

Re: Cisco 2951-V/K9 can Expand with this settings?

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps10538/aag_c07_563807.pdf

Sorry about that please rate if you found this helpful.

3 REPLIES

How your router is currentlying using one of your SM slots for the SM-SRE-710-k9 which is being used to house Unity express 8.6 which you are using in conjunctions with CUCME.  So one of your slots will be taken up.

Here is a link that will show you the othe ISR G2 supported modules. Once you determine what is your priority I suggest working with a partner to purchase and deploy the module.

Thanks! I will analyze what other Module I should use in that router if I have a free slot
You forgot to add the link, but I can google Thanks for the fast reply

Re: Cisco 2951-V/K9 can Expand with this settings?

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps10538/aag_c07_563807.pdf

Sorry about that please rate if you found this helpful.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content