Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3905 SIP phones registration error and provisioning

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Dear Experts,

I have cluster of fo CUCM 8.0, I have 3905 phones. the phones flaps between registered and provisioning state.?

phone firmware is 9.4(1).

do you have any idea why this is happening

thanks in advance

Anas

10 Replies 10

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Anas,

Have u uploaded QED for this firmware on Call manager ? there is a bug associated with this firmware  which could be the cause of problem

9.4(1) QED and locales check in for 3905 phone

CSCuh23600

Symptom:
The purpose of this check in is to add the 9.4(1) firmware and the related support files for Cisco IP Phone model 3905 to supported CUCM branches

Conditions:
ccm 10.0

Workaround:
none

But surprisingly I am asking you but not able to find QED for 9.4(1) on cisco site.

Can u try degrading fimrware to 9.2(2) since enabler is available for this firmware and check?

regds,

aman

Hi Amman,

I use the QED 9.2(1) when I enable the phone on CUCM 8. then I upload firmware 9.2(1). I register the phones on this version.

after that I did the upgrade to firmware version 9.4(1), I will try to downgrade and check

this is issue is really weird.

thanks

Anas

Hi Anas,

There would be  a separate QED for SIP 3905 9.4(1) which I am also not able to locate on Cisco site.

Try degrading to 9.2(1) and check the registration/provisioning issue.

regds,

aman

Hi

I'm using 3905 s with CUCM 9.1.1, its stable with "CP3905.9-4-1-0", but before upgrading to 9.4 it gaved lot of issues such as Re-registering, Quality issues and hung in Provisioning state.

Regds

$

Hi Fernando,

Did u upload QED file for 9.4(1) on CUCM ?

if possible, can u share show active version.

regds,

aman

I'm having the same issue but using CUCM 10.5 with Cisco 3905 phones.

Fail to register the phone in all three firmwares (9.2.1, 9.2.2 and 9.4.4) with QEDs (expect for 9.4.1). It gets stuck in provisionig and registering states.

Regards,

Rodrigo

Hi Rodrigo,

did you get this issue solved ¿? i'm having the same problem with CUCM10.5 with Cisco 3905 phones and Firmware .9-4-1-0.

Rgds

Vicente

Hi,

try to downgrade the firmware and check it again

HTH

Anas

Hello,

I have the same issue with the 3905 flapping between Registered and Provisioning

CUCM Version: 8.6.2.25900-8

3905 Firmware: CP3905.9-4-1SR2-2

What could be causing this issue?

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

check DHCP scope? looks like DHCP pool is full...