Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3905 with LDAP phonebook?

kamonwat002
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

Can cisco IP Phone 3905 model query user information, for example, users' extension number from LDAP server?

Thanks so much,

Kamonwat

4 Replies 4

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Kamonwat,

Do mean, You want Directory service in 3905 phones?

Regards

Ronak Patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Ronak,

Thanks to your reply,  Please allow me to explain more as follows:

Let say I have LDAP Server, for example, OpenLDAP or Active Directory which already have the complete staff's information (Name, lastname and extension number).

My requirement is that in case my staff would like to search extension number of other staff. He just enters staff's name using phone pad. After that 3905 will send staff's name to LDAP Server. If LDAP Server can find the extension number for this staff, LDAP Server will reply back the extension number to 3905 and then 3905 displays the number on LED.

Is it possible?

I have tried this feature with Cisco SPA 500 series and they work very well.

Thanks so much.

What phone system do you have?

The phone in itself does not supports LDAP.

Hi Paolo,

I have around 50 units of Cisco SPA 500 series and Asterisk as SIP Server also OpenLDAP as OpenLDAP. they are working with each others very well.

I just purchased around 20 units of Cisco 3905 and have a plan to integrate to existing system very soon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: