Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 6921, firmware sccp.9-0-2-sr1, Phone try to download firmware every day

Hello Team,

We have 7.1(3) CM located at Sydney, and around 16 Cisco 6921 IP Phones which were located at Mumbai registered to CM at Australia over MPLS. We have dedicated 2 mbps car for voice traffic configured at our WAN Router. All phones registered with CUCM (we use auto registration), but every now and then phones are getting firmware upgrades from CUCM, which is forcing phone to get unregistered with cucm and register back once firmware upgrade complete. This is affecting our Operations. Please help me out from this situation. I am at attaching phone console logs along with IP Phone firmware upgrade picture. Let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks 

Solomon.

6 Replies 6

Forgot to mention users use Extension on their phones. When ever they try to login to their phone using their device profile, then this SCCP Firmware upgrade starts.

Solomon.

Hi Solomon,

Can you check if the 'Phone Load name' field is populated on the 6921 Phone configuration page on CUCM?

Manish

Manish,

Both on the Phone Load Name and also under Device Defaults for 6921 phone has SCCP69xx.9-0-2-1-SR listed.

Solomon.

Hi Solomon,

The phone will attempt to upgrade firmware during reset only if the existing load on the phone does not match the default load specified on cucm or if you have specified a different load name on the Phone configuration page.Can you check which are the two loads between which the 6921's are toggling. Also ensure that the firmware files are loaded on all tftp servers and tftp service is restarted on all of them.

HTH

Manish

Manish,

I have double checked loads on both ends and they are one and the same. We have only one CUCM and found cmterm-69xx-sccp.9-0-2-sr1-uns.cop.sgn listed under TFTP File Management. We also have around 16 users who basically login different shifts. But we see this error happening to only for three users, when they login with their profile on 6921 phone, they see phone get unregister and SCCP Firmware upgrade starts. I have also uploaded SDI and SDL Traces. Extensions are 5673, 5675,5677.

Solomon.

Team,

I have got new updates from end user. They have mentioned that daily at the start of their shift, users try to login to their 6921 IP Phone with User Device Profile, as soon as they put the credentials and hit submit, their phone display show that the phone unregistered with CUCM. The very next  moment phone starts SCCP Upgrade. This is happening even at the time of logout time as well. Need to know, what needs to be checked. We are registering the phones over WAN, where CUCM is located in Sydney Australia and ip phones are located in Mumbai. Waiting for your response.

Solomon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: