- CUCM Version 9.1.2.
- Newly deployed Cisco 7821 phones in cluster
- facing issue with registration, showing UNKNOWN for some of the phones
- if I reset the registered phone taking 30 min to register again
- even if i update the Line page, its taking 30 mins to register
- TFTP is not responding to the phone request for the file j9-tzdata.jar.sgn
- Any idea regarding this issue
Solved! Go to Solution.
Did you restarted cluster after installing dev pack ? To registered phone properly a cluster reboot required otherwise you could face problem like this.
Yes I have rebooted the entire cluster after upgrading with new device packs, We have done the same upgrade for 5 cluster, the phone deployment has just started with this cluster and we stuck to proceed to different cluster too.
I found a solution to fix the issue by following the below steps
tzupdater.jar - Downloaded the file from TFTP server
Rename and change the formart as j9-tzdata.jar.sgn.
Uploaded the file into our TFTP server
That's a timezone updater java file. Glad that issue has been resolved.
If 7821 with load ver 10-1-1-9 is looking for j9-tzdata.jar.sgn then that file should be there in the device pack , i think this is something which Cisco can answer better.
[+5] to Manish and Nagarajan
this seems to be a bug.