cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7841 not showing the call duration in history for placed and received calls

dimple mujoo
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco 7841 not showing the call duration in history for placed and received calls.

It shows the number and the time of call but not the duration when they click on "DETAILS"

Thank you

DImple

7 Replies 7

beavey001
Level 1
Level 1

Our 7841 phones are the same. No call duration. Our users bill their time, and they need to know how long their phone calls lasted... I don't see call duration information anywhere; not on the phone, or in Jabber, or anywhere else. This is a serious issue for us. Any suggestions?

If you need the call duration you can use CAR/CDR for that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime, I did this for a few people last month using a CDR dump and then filtering the data in Excel, but it's not a great long term solution. Do you know a way for users to get a report of their calls, say for the past 30 days? Maybe a 3rd-party solution, if there's nothing built in? That would be ideal, if they could grab call history data themselves from somewhere other than the handset... it's very time consuming to go back a month and check their calls that way.

Our previous phone system had that reporting built in, so of course, people are complaining. Thanks!

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/10_0_1/car/CUCM_BK_C885BA46_00_cdr-analysis-reporting-administration-100/CUCM_BK_C885BA46_00_cdr-analysis-reporting-administration-100_chapter_00.html#CUCM_RF_R71216B8_00

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Right, I've played around with that a little, but I feel like I must be missing something. The closest thing to what we need is under User Reports / Bills / Department, and then doing a details report for a single user. The problem is that it only shows the calls he placed, not the calls he received. That's why I finally ended up doing a CDR dump of everything and filtering it down in Excel. We need a report of all calls placed and received, but I haven't been able to find a way to easily get that information.

Again, maybe I'm just missing something... we've only had Cisco UC in place for a couple of months, so I'm still getting up to speed.

Oh, good grief. I just noticed there's a report in there under User Reports / Cisco Unified Communications Manager Assistant / Manager Call Usage. It seems to give me exactly what I need. Sorry, again, I'm new.  :-)

I'm assuming there's a way to generate new report types and change the PDF output of these somewhere? I'll keep hunting...

Update: the new firmware for the 7841 (sip78xx.10-2-1-12) fixes this problem and adds call duration information to the Details info in call history. We upgraded all our phones, and life is good again.