Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7841 phone Factory Reset using the Keypad

jorge.gar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Does somebody know how to perform a Factory Reset on a Cisco 7841 using the Keypad? I Followed the instructions in the Cisco IP Phone 7800 Administration Guide but it didn´t work. I am trying to make this reset using the Keypad since I am not able to do it using the menu (admin setting) because it is asking me for an Administration Password that I don't know. It's important to note that I am connecting the phone to CME 10.5. The procedure I followed and didn't work is:

Step 1  Unplug the phone:
  • If using PoE, unplug the LAN cable.
  • If using the power cube, unplug the power cube.
Step 2  Wait 5 seconds.
Step 3  Press and hold # and plug the phone back in.
Step 4  When the light on the Mute button and handset light strip turns off and all other lights (Line button, Headset button, Speakerphone button, and Select button) stay green, press 123456789*0# in sequence.

When you press 1, the lights on the line buttons turn red. The light on the Select button flashes when a button is pressed.

After you press these buttons, the phone goes through the factory reset process.

If you press the buttons out of sequence, the phone powers on normally

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This procedure is outdated (if not incorrect). 

To factory-reset a phone, you'll need to let the phone boot up normally.  Once the boot up is complete, hit the Settings button.  Hit the unlock combination "**#" and a you'll see an "Erase" softkey appear.  

This is the only method.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This procedure is outdated (if not incorrect). 

To factory-reset a phone, you'll need to let the phone boot up normally.  Once the boot up is complete, hit the Settings button.  Hit the unlock combination "**#" and a you'll see an "Erase" softkey appear.  

This is the only method.

OK Leo

I followed the steps you mentioned and it worked. Thanks!!!

Thanks for taking the time to rate our posts.  :)

Karl Jacobsen
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone please clarify this? I've tried the reset procedure in the original question and the procedure in the "Correct Answer" post and neither work. In the original post, the mute button never fully lights, just flashes and entering the 123456789*0# doesn't work. In the "Correct Answer" post pressing the Applications (Settings?) key then the "**#" does nothing.

For others who come here and are in the same boat as Karl you can also do this through the phone menu.

Perform Factory Reset from Phone Menu

To perform a factory reset of a phone,

Procedure

Step 1   Press Applications.

Step 2   Choose Admin Settings > Reset Settings > All.

If required, unlock the phone options.

Seems all this process are very old..

the new phone model request for administrator password

and password is Cisco..

after then.. you can change the IP address and reset the setting..

Hope this help..

For others who come here and are in the same boat as Karl you can also do this through the phone menu.

Perform Factory Reset from Phone Menu

To perform a factory reset of a phone,

Procedure

Step 1   Press Applications.

Step 2   Choose Admin Settings > Reset Settings > All.

If required, unlock the phone options.

HassanTofaha
Level 1
Level 1

thanks it is working.

# and after the mute microphone light release the # and in sequence press 123456789*0#

wait a minuet and it will be factory reset and will boot normally . 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: