Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7911 FW upgrade error

bobmcbride
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

currently have a number of spare Cisco 7911 phones in storage.  Generally they will have standard firmware SCCP version 8.3(2).   we have upgrade our callmanager from V4.2 to 8.6  (yeah a big jump).  Version 4 server is now decomissioned.  I need to get the phones to sccp 9.2(3).

Here lies my issue,  Yes I am aware I need an intermediary upgrade to 8.5(2), and this is where I am stuck.   Can this be done without Callmanger server??  

I am using Tftpd32 on my laptop, set the relevant option on DHCP server so that the phone connects to my laptop to copy the required files.  The logs state the connection from the phone is recieved and they read request for random files such as CTLSEP001F9E255FA7.tlv  or  ITLSEP0001F9E255FA7  or XMLDDefault.cnf.xml.sgn  all of which come back with "error 2 in system call CreateFile The system cannot find the file specified"  

The file looks like a phone MAC address, but not one currently in our Database nor is it the MAC on the phone I am trying to upgrade.

I have downloaded a number of files from Cisco support such as

cmterm-7911_7906-sccp.8-5-2.exe

cmterm-7911_7906-sccp.8-5-2SR1.exe

cmterm-7911_7906-sccp.8-5-2.cop.sgn

cmterm-7911_7906-sccp.8-5-2.zip --> this one is referred to as  7911/7906 SCCP IP Phone firmware files only - Compatible UCM versions 4.3.2, 5.1.3, 6.0.1, 6.1.3, 6.1.4, 7.0.2, 7.1.2 and above   The file extract out a number of "sbn" and "loads" file types

Any suggestions or links to the correct firmware would be much appreciated.

regards

Dave

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can place a file XMLDefault.cnf.xml.sgn and the extracted firmware-files into your TFTP-directoty. The XML-file is the following:

SCCP11.9-1-1SR1S

Just change the LOAD-information (SCCP11.9-1-1SR1S) against the name from your firmware-pack.

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

You can place a file XMLDefault.cnf.xml.sgn and the extracted firmware-files into your TFTP-directoty. The XML-file is the following:

SCCP11.9-1-1SR1S

Just change the LOAD-information (SCCP11.9-1-1SR1S) against the name from your firmware-pack.

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:

yeah thx that seems to have sorted it. Although I do have a couple of phones that do not seem to be taking it.  they have the Cisco splash screen, in the bottom left corner is a circle with a dot in it.  I think a factory reset is required.

thx again.

Are they all 7911 phones? Other phones need different lines in the config-file:

--