Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7912G and Freevoipdeal

Cascabulho
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco 7912G that a bought to my companny, but i can't configure it on freevoipdeal.

So the configurations on freevoipdeal page are:

SIP port : 5060
Registrar : sip.freevoipdeal.com
Proxy server : sip.freevoipdeal.com
Outbound proxy server : leave empty
Account name : your FreeVoipDeal username
Password : your FreeVoipDeal password
Display name/number : your FreeVoipDeal username or voipnumber
Stunserver (option) : stun.freevoipdeal.com

So on my device page i have:

And i cant have a connection to make a call.

Can any one help me with this?

Regards,

Celso M.

6 Replies 6

Cascabulho
Level 1
Level 1

So on my device page i have:

Conf SIP 7912.jpg

Go to www.voip-info.org.

Hi Leo Laohoo,

That website doen't have any information about my question.

Tks.

That website doen't have any information about my question.

The website, www.voip-info.org, will teach you how to configure your phone.

The solution you are trying to achieve is "not supported" because it does not involve Cisco's CallManager portfolio and you're running SIP on your phone.

Leo Laohoo,

Yes but the firmware are from Cisco.

But i can use that solucion on phone (Phone connected on freevoipdeal directly) or i have allways to use asterisk to connect the phone to freevoipdeal?

All configurations are ok and i cant make any call, so i think that something are missing.

Regards,

CM

Yes but the firmware are from Cisco.

I understand what you are saying.  I share your helplessness.  But search throughout this forum and you'll see the same "theme" or response:  If you load SIP in your 79XX phones, you are on your own.

This is why I'm re-directing you to other website which has seen documented successes in configuring 79XX in SIP without Cisco CallManagers.

FYI:  I've got several 79XX phones (including a 7971) which are running SIP and using an Asterisk/FreePBX (hosted in a Raspberry Pi) WORKING at home.  I got my setup working just by patiently going through www.voip-info.org.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: