Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7937G with SIP

roman.tobler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have to install a 7937G conference station in an SIP environment. Is there a way to convert the device to SIP or can I use a gate way or something like this? I mean, in general you can ceonvert SCCP-phones to SIP devices and I don't want to buy an other very expensice device!

THX!

7 Replies 7

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no SIP Firmware available for download on CCO for 7937, because it doesnt support SIP as of yet. So converting an SCCP phone to SIP looks impossible in case of 7937.

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/type.html?mdfid=281433475&flowid=5271

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/ps8759/product_data_sheet0900aecd806e021a.html

If above info helps, pls rate.

GP.

Is it possible to use the conference station on a SIP PBX with i.e. Cisco ATA 186?

7937 cant speak SIP unless it has the SIP firmware in it. With this logic, I dont think above is possible.

If above info helps, pls rate.

GP.

I am afraid my major problem is that I have now a very decorative, modern sculpture for my office and I' ll have to buy a new conference station from polycom!

thx!

There's never been any SIP firmware for the 7937. As the 7937 is now end of sale (It's been replaced by the SIP 8831) I very much doubt it will ever get a SIP firmware.

(BTW - Cisco are very slow at releasing updated SCCP firmware for the 7937 too. It's almost like the unloved child of the family)

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Roman Tobler wrote:

Is it possible to use the conference station on a SIP PBX with i.e. Cisco ATA 186?

No 'cause the 7937 is a SCCP VoIP only device & ATAs are SCCP only too.

If you *really* want to use a 7937, you need to have CallManager (or another SCCP supporting phone system).

If you want a nice conference phone, just go and buy the Polycom original device - that's what the 7937 is based on.

Please rate all helpful posts.

Dear Gordon Ross,

Two years has been passed, is the answer still the same?

As I got the same thing, to convert cisco 7937 to SIP to use it in Lync environment.....

Please help, thanks!