Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7941 Cant Upgrade

Im trying to upgrade the firmware to a cisco ip telephone 7941 from version SCCP41.8-3-1S to SCCP41.9-2-3 but the prosess give me an error. at the end the display show "File not found SCCP41.9-2-3". I check that the firmware is install in the CUCM 7.1.3.

Regards

17 Replies 17

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Luis,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/firmware/9_2_3/english/release/notes/7900_923.html

Note For all SCCP firmware upgrades from firmware release versions earlier than 8.3(3) to Version 9.2(3) or later, you must first upgrade your firmware to an intermediate Version (8.3(3) to 8.5(2)) and then upgrade to 9.2(3).

I tried what you are suggesting. I install those version but it still giving me the same error. i attached the version of firmware that i have install in the CUCM

How many TFTP servers do have in your cluster?  Make sure you upload the firmware files to all TFTP nodes in your cluster.  Can you explain the steps you've taken so far to upgrade the firmware?  Did you successfully get upgraded to a version between 8.3(3)-8.5.(2) first?

We have two server in the cluster. I didnt upload the firmware in the second server but after your response i made a test uploading the version SCCP41.8-3-3 in the second server and put that string in the field "Phone Load Name" in the phone setings. after that press "Save" botton and reset the device, it still giving my the error. I upgraded 7911 and 6921 before without problems.

You'll need to also restart the TFTP service after uploading new files. 

I try to do so but it still the same.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Luis,

I'll just add a note to the great tips from Chris (+5"C" )

It looks like you may have used the .cop file when you need the cop.sgn for

CUCM 7.1(x). Here's an example that should work.

Description:7941/7961 SCCP IP Phone load - Compatible CUCM Versions: 5.0(4)+

Release Date:01/Jun/2009
File Name:cmterm-7941_7961-sccp.8-5-2.cop.sgn

Size:4.81 MB (5043645 bytes)

MD5 Checksum:05556d6e7e3b1275fd2d95f1bc01d76b

Cheers!

Rob

"Show a little faith, there's magic in the night" - Springsteen

Thanks so much for your response, but im using .cop.sgn file. I attach an image with the file that i downloaded.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Luis,

Are you using this method to load the files

When using Cisco Unified CallManager Release 5.0 or later

For Cisco Unified CallManager 5.0, you must do all software installations and upgrades by using the Software Upgrades menu options. The system can upload and process only software that Cisco Systems approved. You cannot install or use third-party or Windows-based software applications that you may have been using with a previous version of Cisco Unified CallManager with Cisco Unified CallManager 5.0.

1. Using your web browser, login to the Cisco IPT Platform      Administration web page
  2. Under the Software Upgrades menu, select Install/Upgrade.
  3. Fill in the appropriate values in the Software Location section for the file you downloaded above, and click Next.
  4. In the Available Software drop-down box, select the file you      downloaded above, and click Next.
  5. After validating the MD5 has the correct value, click Next.
  6. In the Warning box, verify you have selected the correct firmware, then click Install.
  7. Check that you received a Success message.

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074289/26638/cmterm-7941_7961-sccp.8-5-2-readme.html

Cheers!

Rob

Thats right Rob. in a response above i attached a image with all my software that i have install in my publisher CUCM.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Luis,

I thought you might be using this method which won't work for firmware

Uploading TFTP Server Files

You can use the Upload TFTP Server File option to upload various files  for use by the phones to the server. Files that you can upload include  custom phone rings, callback tones, and backgrounds. This option uploads  files only to the specific server to which you connected, and other  nodes in the cluster do not get upgraded.

Files upload into the tftp directory by default. You can also upload files to a subdirectory of the tftp directory.

If you have two Cisco TFTP servers configured in the cluster, you must  perform the procedure below on both servers. This process does not  distribute files to all servers, nor to both of the Cisco TFTP servers  in a cluster.

To upload TFTP server files, follow this procedure:

Procedure

Step 1 From the Cisco Unified Communications Operating System Administration window, navigate to Software Upgrades>Upload TFTP Server File.

The Upload TFTP Server File window displays and shows a listing of the current uploaded files.

Step 2 To upload a file, click Browse and then choose the file that you want to upload.

Step 3 To upload the file to a subdirectory of the tftp directory, enter the subdirectory in the Subdirectory of the tftp directory where file will be uploaded field.

Step 4 To start the upload, click Upload File.

The Status area indicates when the file uploads successfully.

Step 5 After the file uploads, restart the Cisco TFTP service.

Note If you plan to upload several files, restart the Cisco TFTP service only once, after you have uploaded all of the files.

Cheers!

Rob

No Rob, i am not using this method, i use th emetod that you explain before, what is the right one that i have tu use?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Luis,

Sorry for the confusion, but I just wanted to make sure as it very easy to confuse the two methods

This is the way;

Under the Software Upgrades menu, select Install/Upgrade

Have you used an MD5 checker to verify the integrity of your downloaded files?

Cheers!

Rob

I attached some images of the error and the method that i used to install the software in the callmanager.

i hope this help.

Software Upgrades

Error

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: