Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Cisco 7945 Issue - Need Input from Firmware Experts

I have some Cisco 7945 IP Phones that were previously imaged with SIP for some testing in our lab.  I performed a factory reset procedure on them, intending to convert them back to SCCP, and now I cannot get any of them to respond.

I have the Cisco cable that allows me to connect to the phone’s auxiliary port and watch it as it boots. I was able to hard reset 2 phones and get them to take SCCP files, but there are phones that continuously give CDP errors and show no port activity (no link). I have tried 2 different DHCP/TFTP servers (TFTP32D32 and Windows 20003 Server w/ DHCP).

I even hard code the IP using the phone’s RS232 port and point it directly at whatever tftp server I currently have running. When I run ethereal, there is absolutely zero activity from the phone – no broadcast or request for DHCP reaches the network. On the phones that will not load (stuck at upgrading screen), the phone’s internal ios doesn’t show any firmware – SIP or SCCP- loaded. I can see the SCCP firmware as well as SIP firmware on my test phones.

Wondered if anyone has experienced something similar with the 7945G and may point to a fix?  Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Cisco 7945 Issue - Need Input from Firmware Experts

Have you tried the alternate keypad reset sequence ?

To my knowledge, console connection never helped resurrect a phone.

Community Member

Yes, we've tried both key reset sequences to no avail.  Now the phones are in a state where there is nothing on the display at all, it flashes briefly after initializing then nothing.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

The phones are likely requesting DHCP. You can confirm that by connecting the phone a switch, and observing the packet counter.

Often that works better that a crossed cable connection to the PC.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content