Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7960 Un-provisioned question

Darren Preuss
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ladies and gents,

I have a question please.

I am using CME 7 and setting up a network to test VoIP.

I have only ever configured CIPC and never a "real" phone.  I have correctly configured the VLAN for Voice including the Option 150 statement for the tftp-server (the CME).

The phone has received the correct network details however it reports on the display that it is "UN-PROVISIONED". 

I have added the firmware and alias to the flash:/Phones directory of the router.  The firmware that i have added is P0030801SR02 and POS3-8-12-00.

After reading other similar issues within the community I have debugged TFTP and can see numerous entries of the phone requesting "SIP001120B4DF2.CNF".  I understand that the file it is seeking is the configuration file and relates to SIP and the phone MAC address.

I am a little unsure about the whole CNF file thing.  All i know is that I do not have a CNF file for the phone. 

Additional to this the phone is not attempting to register with the CME when i execute "Show ephones" or "Show ephone attempted-registration"

If i run "create cnf" it says the clocks are not synchronised.

When i ensure the LOADS 7960-7940 xxx.loads is entered it says updating the CNF for 7940 and 7960.

Do i need to upload/create a default CNF file for the phone?

Sorry that it is a bit wordy wordy however I have tried to include as much detail as possible.

Thank you in advance

Daz

CCNA, CCNA (Voice),
3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your phones are running SIP image. Search forum and/or documentation for how to convert to SCCP.

Thank you Paolo,

That has worked a treat.

CCNA, CCNA (Voice),

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!