Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7960G Headset pinout

Chris Swinney
Level 5
Level 5

Hi all,

I'm looking for some Cisco documentation or confirmation as to the pin out details for the headset wiring on a 7960G. The closest I have come so far is at this site, but I would just like some Cisco documentation to confirm.

All I can seem to find is the pin out details of the AUX and Ethernet ports. The only thing I have seen is the technical specification  which actually says that the headset (and handset) port are RJ9, although the site above suggests RJ10 (an I belive the jack typ plug we have used) and Wikipedia suggests that these "RJ" definition don't actually exist.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

4 Replies 4

Chris Swinney
Level 5
Level 5

I'm not sure if this is the best forum to post this question, but I hope that someone has this info - sure there is a Cisco doc out there somewhere???

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chris,,This was discussed here a few years back in this thread;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/282117

The link in the thread appears to be OOS so I would try;

http://www.einhorn-net.de/headset/index_e.html

Cheers!

Rob

"Your life is worth much more than gold." 

- Bob Marley

Hi Rob,

Many thanks for this. In fact, its the same link as I added in my original post above. Whilst this was indeed the best I could find, I did wonder if there was a something from Cisco, or that a Cisco employee might be able to confirm.

The reason I am asking is that this pin out in the above article differs slightly to a pin out taken from a cable that was designed for us many, many years ago (circa 2000) but has worked perfectly well for all this time in multiple applications. The positive feeds are the same, but the negative returns are switched (i.e. we have Pin 1 --> Spk +ve, Pin 2 --> Spk -ve, Pin 3 --> Mic +ve, Pin 4 --> Mic -ve). It may well be that if the negatives are earthed to a common ground, then it might not make any difference - but I would just like to be sure.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,

Sorry about that my friend! I didn't even see your link...my BAD

Cheers!

Rob

"Your life is worth much more than gold." 

- Bob Marley

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: