Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7961 IP Phones not doing Factory Default

HARISH S
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys ,

I am facing a Problem with 7961 IP Phones .I had done factory Default for 3 Phones in my lab and after doing factory default the Line buttons are cycling with green LED and it never happened In those Phones DHCP was disabled and manually configs were done earlier.But weather this can cause problem when doing factory default ?

If that had caused the problem what is the solution ?

Thanks,

Harish

5 Replies 5

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When we do factory reset an ip phone then it looks for IP address from DHCP because it doesnt provides option to set it manually, so you need to configure a DHCP pool with option 150.

Suresh

Sreekanth Narayanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you elaborate on the problem that you are facing? Are the phones stuck in blinking button lights and not booting up?

yes exactly ,thats the Problem .

I have about 6 Phones ,Rest of 3 ,7961 Phones got registered  but the other 3 is having issues .

The Phones are stuck in blinking green lights .I think since Dhcp was disabled this issue happened ,but I dont now a Solution to this Problem .

Thanks for your time.

Harish

Hi ,

Can anyone from cisco tell me  what can I do in the current situation ?

Thanks,

Harish

I'd suggest you to take a packet capture on the switch where the phone is connected and span the phone port using monitor session commands. This will give you an idea whether the phone is doing anything at all and if it is trying to reach the dhcp. We are factory resetting the phone, i.e. erasing all config and firmware on it, so it should behave like a new phone, which is to reach out to dhcp.