cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 79XX HTTP Provisioning

smalito1107
Level 1
Level 1

I have 79xx phones deployed throughout my enviornment.  Mainly on the WAN.  I have had some issues with hackers trying to brute force sip credentials from my tftp root.  I need to find out if there is some sort of authentican that can be used with these phones, or if there is another cisco phone, besides the SMB Pro series, that uses HTTP or secure FTP for provisioning.

I am running an asterisk server

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Securing the configuration files is possible but requires that you put the cluster into mixed mode. It will still use TFTP in the currently released versions but each configuration file will be encrypted using the public key of the phone's LSC. This has other advantages such as TLS-protected SCCP/SIP signaling between the phone and CUCM as well.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Security Guide, Release 8.0(2)

Thank you for the reply but your response didn't really answer my questions, more so for me not fully explaining.  I am not using CUCM.  I am using a thrid party asterisk server.  So my question is geared towards the phone's capabilities, not server.   The 7900 series phones are just what we have been using but I need to know what Cisco IP Phones can support HTTP provisioning, if any.