cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8831 and CM 8.5.1

Chris Pohlad-Thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have read the other thread regarding adding an 8831 to a 8.5.1 cluster. I wanted to make sure I understand everything very clearly.

• Since adding the device pack's main goal will to be to support a new device on the cluster (an 8831), a clusterwide reboot will be necessary for an 8831 to register to this cluster.
  • All of the firmware for the existing phones in the cluster will also be updated (including the device defaults), so if any phone reboots going forward it will have to go through a firmware update before it can be used.

Am I understanding this completely and correctly?

Chris

22 Replies 22

Here is what I imagine will have the least impact (and I'll probably lab it up to be sure)

1. Notate in a spreadsheet the existing device defaults for each device
  2. Install the device pack on the server (do I only need to do this connected to the pub or will I need to do this on each of them?)
  3. Before doing anything else, change each device's default load back to what it was
  4. Reboot cluster

Regarding rebooting the cluster, should these be done one at a time waiting for one to come up before rebooting the next? We have some subs where TFTP has been offloaded . I assume everything will need to be rebooted.

Hi Chris,

Here we go smiley

1. Exactly

2. Apply to Pub then TFTP servers then all Subs.

3. Exactly

4. reboot Pub wait for it to come back up, then TFTP servers, then Subs (I prefer one at a time)

Cheers!

Rob

One other question I had. I assume I only need to change device defaults back on the pub correct and then that change will filter to all the subs?

It will replicate to the other nodes assuming replication is working okay.

Ok, I figured as much but wanted to make sure.

Looks like the dbreplication status is all 2's so that's a good sign.

BTW, I meant to say congrats on the new gig Brian!

Thanks man!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: